December Nail Art Theme Week: Japanese, day 1

Yes, yes, I know i'm terribly late with my entry for the 33DC. I will post it sometimes later. But now I want to show you something totally different. Several blogger friends of mine are doing this awesome nail art theme week every month and I decided to join in with them. So the first week of every month is dedicated to a themed nail art. And the theme for December is Japanese and my first entry is Origami.
I admit, this was not an easy task. Apparently I know very little about Japan and its culture. So it was pretty hard to come up with ideas that were actually Japanese and not Chinese or Korean and so on.And when I finally got an idea, I still had to cross the execution hurdle...
Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo Nail Art Theme Week Japan Origami
For this mani I started with two coats of Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo, a soft pink coral crelly with gold and silver shimmer. It is not a shade I would normally tern to but for some reason, I really love this one. It has a perfect formula that is very easy to work with, it is nicely pigmented and pretty much opaque in two coats, and all that shimmer is simply gorgeous. The swatches show two coats with no top.
Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo

Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo
 Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo
Back to the Origami: ori meaning "folding", and kami meaning "paper". A  traditional Japanese form of art. You can read more about it here. I decided to add some white to this mani, because I felt that red and black were too harsh. So I used two coats of Cult Nails Tempest on my thumb. Then I stamped some Origami pattern using Bundle Monster plate BM-405. I stamped using Covergirl Black Diamond over the coral and Bondi New York Strawberry Fields over the white. Sadly, you can see how impatient I was by the smearing
Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo Nail Art Theme Week Japan Origami

Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo Nail Art Theme Week Japan Origami

Rescue Beauty Lounge Kellie Gonzo Nail Art Theme Week Japan Origami
Tomorrow there will be another Japanese inspired manicure. Make sure you check out the other great Japanese manis from my friends below.





4 comments :

JoanneD said...

Wow, good job, looks really nice ;D

Unknown said...

Great job! ♥

The Mani Café said...

this is so cute and that rbl looks stunning on you!

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie just found your post and I just LOVE your photos of KG! It looks sooo great on you! <3

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!