Dupe Alert - Golden Red Sand

Hi lovelies! 
Once again I left you for some personal issues :-(
I truly am sorry. I always try so hard to at least have a post scheduled for you while I deal with my issues, but life just keeps tripping me over... 
But enough with the whine! Today I would like to give you another dupe alert post. Once again it has a Zoya polish in it, but not only. And it honestly is NOT against Zoya or anything. Here are the polishes I will compare for you: Julie G. Sugar Rush, Kiko number 640 and Zoya Destiny.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny

Julie G. Sugar Rush is from the wonderful Gumdrops collection.  Kiko number 640 is from the Sugar Mat collection and Zoya Destiny is from the Pixie Dust collection, all from this year.
As you can see, already in the bottles the differences between these are very very small - if exist. And what I can say is - those differences are just as small on the nails too.

The formula of them all is wonderful and drying time is incredibly short. They all have the same shiny textured finish and are opaque in two coats. Actually, the only difference is visible on the first coat i applied, because just one of these polishes is completely opaque already then. From left to right - Index: Julie G Sugar Rush, middle and Pinky are Kiko 640 and Ring is Zoya Destiny.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - Artificial Lighting indoors.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - Natural light, Direct sun.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - Natural light in the shade.
As you can see, only Zoya Destiny is completely opaque in one coat alone. The other two polishes are still showing a nail line very clearly. Of course, to make this a fair comparison, the next pictures show two coats  in all polishes. I used no base and no top coats.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - artificial light indoors.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - Artificial light indoors.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - Natural Light, Direct sun.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - natural light Direct Sun.
This picture is deliberately blurred so you can see that even the shimmers color is the same with all. Gold, Pink and Red shimmer in the sand.
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny
Julie G. Sugar Rush Kiko number 640 Zoya Destiny - Natural Light in the shade.
So you can see these three polishes are almost completely the same. If you're (like me) the kind that needs to have the entire collection, I won't be saving you much. Mostly because this is the only polish that is a dupe between all three. (there is another dupe between Julie G Gumdrops and Zoya Pixie Dust) But if you buy each one separately, you can see for yourself that there's no real need to buy all three.
Purchase Info -
Julie G Sugar Rush can be purchased here, at $3.99 (.35fl oz/10ml) - Ship Internationally.
Kiko #640 can be purchased here, at  €4.9 (.37fl oz/11ml)  - Ship within Europe only.
Zoya Destiny can be purchased here, at $9 (.50fl oz/15ml) - Ship within the US only.

4 comments :

M. Fourey said...

Woah, you have a thing for finding dupes, don't you? ;) Great post!

Gosia said...

Thanks so much, Jin!!! No need for Pixie Dusts anymore, thanks to you and your generosity!! ;)

Unknown said...

I lo-o-o-o-o-o-ove the gumdrop effect going on these days. I think it's so cute. I can't wait to use it around Christmastime. I was pretty interested in the Pixie Dust collection... I'm glad to see I don't need it thanks to you and JulieG!

jannatul12 said...

nice collection

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!