31 Days Challenge Day 5 - Purple

Wow, almost a week already! Time really flies...
Today on the New 31 Days Challenge I have a really nice polish but a bit of a fail nail art...

I started with 2 coats of Essence - Alice Had A Vision Again from their new Breaking Dawn (LE?) set. This is a blackened purple base with tiny purple and iridescent flakies.
Essence - Alice Had A Vision - Again

Essence - Alice Had A Vision - Again

Essence - Alice Had A Vision - Again

Essence - Alice Had A Vision - Again
I then dotted the tips using China Glaze - Let's Do It In 3D, a dark gray holographic polish from the Kaleidoscope collection. What I tried to achieve is a sort of gradient but apparently I couldn't keep my dotting tool stable enough to create more even dots. Some became too big and look like blobs more then dots... Oh well, you live and you learn, isn't it? All in all I think I am liking this mani, even though I place it in the fail drawer.



 Until tomorrow - have a wonderful Friday and don't forget to check the other participants of the challenge!


9 comments :

Anna's Polish Addiction said...

I like the colours you've used :)

Laurie said...

Lovely! I wanted that Breaking Dawn set so bad for this purple! It's lovely!

Gosia said...

Fail my ass!!! this looks awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

oh i love your take on the purple mani. i wasn't expecting anyone to do something so dark, but i LOVE this!

Agia said...

This purple is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That Essence is gorgeous!! That's going on my wish-list! As for the dotting... at first glance I thought it was skulls - perhaps it's just me ;-)

Beautiful Living said...

I love the idea of the dotting!!!! So definitely NOT a fail :)

Alexis - Glitter Tips said...

Looks great to me! The purple polish is so pretty! x

Unknown said...

That went out pretty good. Well done!!!! Kiss you.

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!