31 Days Challenge Day 12 - Tape

Today in the New 31 Days Challenge the theme is Tape Mani and that is one mani I really love, despite it being quite time consuming. I "stole" this idea for my mani today from the brilliant Sarah of Chalkboard Nails and although it looked in my head much better then the actual result, I kinda like it. So here is my double gradient tape mani.

I started this mani with two coats of Bourjois - Jaune Trendy, a rather dark yellow creme. You can see it's swatch here. On that I used Jaune Trendy, Orange Creation both by Bourjois and January by Julep and I did a yellow, orange, red gradient having the red by my cuticles and the yellow at my tips. I then placed some tape on my nails and then I gradiented again with the same colors, but this time I let the yellow be at the cuticles and the red at the tip. I admit, I didn't try to be careful enough to place the tape in the right spaces and everything. I did quite a sloppy work. But I still enjoy staring at my nails. I like that orange area where the dark becomes light and the light becomes dark. I will definitely revisit this mani again and with much more care.






What do you think? Do you like it? Would you try it too? If you do - please post a picture to my Facebook page ;-)
Don't forget to take a look at what other participants of the challenge did for today!


8 comments :

Unknown said...

Wow, I love it. That orange is so pretty. Kiss you.

AMajgaard said...

Really great mani :)
The mix between tape and gradient is a great idea. Think i must try it some day :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! I really love this look!

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Oooh this is so pretty, Jin! I adore the colors you chose! :-)

~ Yun

Unknown said...

Wow this looks so interesting!!

M. Fourey said...

I like it! And it reminds me of a Sex on the Beach! What an alcoholic I am...

Amelia said...

i really like this Jin - it's super hot xx

Gosia said...

Dude, there's nothing sloppy about this, you're just crazy, that's all... I love how fiery this looks!!

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!