Baby Boy - Welcome To This World, Owen!

This weekend is yet another collaboration mani. But this time we have a special reason to party: my friend Jacki from Adventures In Acetone gave birth to the amazing Owen James!
CONGRATULATIONS Jacki! May Owen become an amazing kid and will make your entire family so proud and happy!
And in honor of precious Owen, my blogger friends and I have decided to do a Baby Blue theme mani.
So my mani started with Illamasqua Caress, a soft and light baby blue creme. I really love illamasqua. Their formula is (in most cases anyway) flawless. The polish is smooth and very easy to apply. Drying time is normal and they are well pigmented. Caress is no exception. It was completely opaque in two easy coats and has a beautiful light blue payoff.

Then I decided to try some more freehand painting. I am truly hoping that practice will make it better! I knew that I want only blue and white shades in my mani, and I basically only used those and made my pinky, ring and middle fingers. But then I was kind of stuck. I had no idea what to do next. After several trial and error, I decided to go with a cute little baby face. For that, I had to add a light brown/nude color so something in the colors looked very flat to me. I needed something else, so I just added the yellow dots around and now I pretty much like the result. I really hope you do to!




And of course, the picture of all the polishes used, from Left to Right: Aqua Daisy - Fuel Spil, Nails Inc. - Bluebell, Sinful Colors - Zeus, Illamasqua - Caress, Milani - White on the Spot, Nails Inc. - Sumner Place and Julep - Pippa.
I really enjoyed this mani, and I wish Jacki and her entire family the bestest of wishes!




5 comments :

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love how cute it is xx

Unknown said...

This is amazing! You did a fantastic job!!! LOVE ♥

The Silverinator said...

This is gorgeous! And now I really want Caress!

Lizzy O. said...

Awww this is such a lovely thing to do for the new baby.

Very gorgeous mani. So appropriate.

Yun, The Polish Hideout said...

Aww congrats to your friend! Your mani is adorable. I love that you added a different art to each finger. I think my favorite is the footprints! :-)

~ Yun

Post a Comment

I love comments and I appreciate each one of yours!
I would love to hear from you but please, refrain from posting links. If you have a link that you want me to see - just email me :)
Thank you so much!